If you love pasta, make it count. Other vegetables I’ve used in this dish are broccolini, green beans, broccoli rabe, and Swiss chard. This dish is loaded with antioxidants. Broccoli is one of the best defenders against cancer. *Remember to save some pasta water before draining it. - Jenny Jones
- 5 oz. pasta
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups pasta water
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- While pasta cooks, sauté garlic in oil in a large pan on medium-high for one minute until golden.
- Add asparagus & broccoli, cook & stir uncovered 3-4 minutes, adding pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time as needed.
- Add spinach, cook & stir one minute. Cover & set aside.
- Before draining pasta, reserve 1 1/2 cups of cooking water.
- Whisk flour slowly into reserved water until smooth.
- To the vegetables, add drained pasta, water/flour mixture, parmesan & salt. Cook about one minute ‘til thickened.