Anti-aging spinach with heart-healthy walnuts and olive oil make this a must-have on your next pasta… or chicken… or fish… or sandwich. - Jenny Jones
- 6 ounce bag of pre-washed baby spinach (about 6 cups packed)
- 2/3 ounce fresh basil leaves, (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts, preferably toasted
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into a food processor.
- Process while slowly adding olive oil (this takes about 30 seconds). Scrape the sides of the bowl and process another few seconds.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Note: My food processor holds 11 cups and all this fresh spinach fills it right to the top. If yours is too full, just start with half the spinach and add the rest after it reduces.
Note: For freezing tips click here.