It only takes 10 minutes to cook this stunning side-dish and the health benefits are enormous. The more different colors, the more benefits including protection against cancer, heart disease, macular degeneration, arthritis, asthma, memory loss, the list goes on… I keep this recipe simple because peppers have so much flavor and this doesn’t overpower them, just enhances them. I could eat only this for dinner, it’s so good! And so healthy!! - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 peppers, different colors, seeded, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In your largest pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and peppers, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with vinegar.