I love super crispy pizza and those pizza pans with holes really work! For my dough, a KitchenAid stand mixer does all the work but you can also knead the dough by hand. Since making my video, I’ve learned that no rising is necessary - just let the dough rest for 10 minutes before proceeding. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3/4 teaspoon yeast (instant yeast or active dry yeast)
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- up to 2/3 cup warm water (120-130° F for instant yeast or 110-120°F for active dry)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- about 20 slices reduced fat turkey pepperoni
- Place the flour, yeast, sugar & salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add warm water and oil slowly until dough forms a mass (you may not need all the water)
- Combine and knead until dough is smooth & elastic (knead 2 min. with the mixer or 3 min. by hand).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- Set oven with bottom rack and preheat to 425° F.
- Using 2 teaspoons olive oil, grease the entire surface of a 14” pizza pan with holes.
- Place pepperoni slices between double layers of paper towels, between 2 plates, and microwave for 30 seconds. Other toppings (mushrooms/peppers) should be microwaved the same way (but for 1 minute) to remove moisture. Blot afterwards if needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 10-inch circle.
- Stretch the dough by hand, using a closed fist, letting the dough hang down to stretch.
- Press the dough into the pan. Add sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Bake 15 - 20 minutes.