The long name for this easy recipe is Whole Grain Oatmeal Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Breakfast Brownies. Whew! By the way, the riper the banana, the sweeter. This easy recipe is 100% whole grain with no butter. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil (I use extra light olive oil)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 small ripe bananas (3/4 cup mashed)
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease or line a 9 x 9 square pan with foil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on med-high, beat oil, sugars, eggs & vanilla about 2 minutes. Beat in banana until incorporated.
- On low speed fold in dry ingredients followed by walnuts & chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
No whole wheat pastry flour? See Substitutions in my blog.