It's best to start with all your ingredients at room temperature. You can glaze this beautiful cake like I did or just sift a little powdered sugar on top. Blueberries protect your bones, brain & eyes, and even promote glowing skin. I originally used 1/3 cup of butter but 3 Tbsp. is all you need. - Jenny Jones
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil (canola or extra light olive oil)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 3 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, washed & dried
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan and shake about 2 tablespoons of sugar around the inside. Tap out any excess sugar.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl, or onto wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, lemon juice and vanilla in a measuring cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, start beating the butter and oil. Slowly add sugar, then eggs one at a time. Continue beating for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
- With mixer on lowest speed alternate adding dry and liquid ingredients, starting and ending with dry.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon batter into the bundt pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack or serving plate.
- Gradually add just enough juice to powdered sugar for a thick glaze.
- Top warm cake with glaze.