Everyone will remember this dramatic dessert. It’s basically a giant decorated sugar cookie. Soft fruit works best and sliced bananas should be coated with lemon juice to keep from turning brown. Serve within an hour or two, otherwise refrigerate. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil (I use extra light olive oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup marmalade
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 12-inch round or 10 by 15-inch rectangular baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, oil & sugar until smooth.
- Add egg & vanilla. Beat for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- On low speed add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pat dough evenly onto baking pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes until it’s golden brown. Cool completely (about 40 minutes). While mixture cools, prepare fruit, cream cheese spread & glaze.
- Spread: On low speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla for a few seconds until smooth.
- Glaze: Warm up the marmalade & water a little just to soften.
- When cookie has cooled, spread with cream cheese mixture.
- Decorate with fruit. Brush with glaze.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.