It’s quick, easy, and super healthy with lean protein, antioxidant rich peppers, and fiber from the beans. Using white meat turkey makes the leanest chili and the multi-colored peppers make it the healthiest. - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 15-ounce can red kidney beans, lightly drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced peppers (red, yellow & green)
- 1/3 cup diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (I use Swanson’s unsalted)
- 1 cup canned tomato puree or strained (I like Pomi strained tomatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (use less if using salted stock) + pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Heat oil over med-high heat and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add turkey & cook 2-3 minutes, stirring to break it up, until it’s no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Note: For a thicker chili, remove 1/4 cup of the liquid, stir in 2 tsp. flour and add back to the chili. Cook another 5 minutes.