Easy Cabbage Soup
This super easy, healthy soup takes less than 20 minutes, start to finish. It's best made with chicken stock but if using water, increase salt to 3/4 teaspoon. - Jenny Jones
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium soup pot and saute onion & garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, cook and stir another 2 minutes.
- Add stock or water, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.