Once you make this easy recipe, you’ll never buy your granola again. Be sure to keep an eye on it towards the end -- you want it well browned but not overdone. You can add raisins, dried cherries or other dried fruit after it’s done and cooled. All this protein and fiber will give you lots of sustained energy. Jenny Jones
- 4 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts, almonds & pecans)
- 3 Tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons oil (I use extra light olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place all ingredients on an ungreased baking pan.
- Combine well using your hands.
- Bake about 30 - 35 minutes, stirring at 20 minutes, then check every 5 minutes. Bake until well browned - watch carefully.
- Remove from oven, stir and cool in pan. Don't under-bake.