This dramatic pancake is a Sunday breakfast treat and a good way to add fresh fruit to your diet. You can fill the pancake with just about any fruit - strawberries, blueberries, peaches, raspberries, bananas, papaya, mango, pineapple, whatever is in season.
*Be very careful handling the hot pan… it’s easy to forget and grab the handle with your bare hand. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- a stick of butter (for greasing pan)
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Fresh fruit
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 425° F for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk & eggs.
- Add flour, sugar, salt & nutmeg until blended & smooth.
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven and rub butter around the inside, then quickly add batter. Return immediately to oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and poufy.
- Carefully slide the pancake onto a large serving plate, lifting the edges with a spatula. Dust with powdered sugar and add fruit.