Roasting Brussels sprouts makes them kind of sweet and they are a must-eat. Besides protecting against inflammation and cancer, they’re especially high in vitamin K, which promotes healthy bones and proper brain function. - Jenny Jones
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts (or larger ones cut in half)
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- juice of one small lemon
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Trim sprouts and cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- In a bowl or plastic bag, toss vegetables with oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes, shaking or stirring a few times.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan.