Debbie asks… Hi lately my cupcakes have become wrinkled and flat once out of the oven can you to me what might cause this please.
Baking is such an exact science that almost any small change in a recipe can cause it to fail. Here are a few possible explanations:
- Your baking powder or baking soda is expired.
- Your ingredients are not room temperature.
- Batter was over-mixed.
- Oven door was opened during baking.
- Batter was too liquid.
- Improper measuring.
- Oven was not preheated long enough.
- Oven temperature is not accurate.
Make sure you follow your recipe exactly, right down to the size of the eggs (usually large) and use fresh ingredients. I hope this helps. Does anyone else have cupcake advice for Debbie?